Andre Rea teaches you in this video three ways to make this mythical sauce . Settling on the Reddit recipe as the best.
- Mince 6 cloves of Garlic and sweat (heat them up in a skillet)
- add 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- add soy sauce to taste (DO NOT USE LOW SODIUM SAUCE edit: About 2 tsp)
- add 2 tablespoon Plum Sake
- boil off alcohol
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- add 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Minced Ginger to taste
Simmer that for a solid 5 minutes, stirring pretty much constantly. The brown sugar helps it keep the proper consistency. Don’t use all white sugar, but you can use all brown. Play around with the recipe to your taste. Might want more or less balsamic vinegar. Might want more or more Plum Sake. I’d definitely recommend you make it several times to figure out your own flavor.