It looks like the Oculus Rift has a competitor in its backyard now: Sony’s new virtual reality headset for the PS4: Project Morpheus.
- 1080p display
- 1000Hz motion detection
- Only one headset at a time is supported
- Headset is currently connected to the PS4 by a 5-meter wire
- Positional/rotational head tracking
- Tracking is handled by the same camera that tracks PS4 Move controllers
- It works for people with glasses
- Content pushed to the Morpheus can be mirrored to a TV, but it sounds like it can handle asymmetric gameplay (different things on each screen) as well.
- An “Open air” design prevents the lenses from fogging up. (It’ll be interesting to see how they prevent light leaking in) [Source]