I don’t know about you, but I’m not really ready to shell out a few hundred bucks to buy a universal remote that supports the PS3. Logitech’s Harmony series remotes are really nice, but if you want PS3 support, you’ll have to buy a special infrared adapter on top of the remotes to make them work with your setup.
Fortunately, you won’t have to do that anymore, thanks to SMK-Link, a U.S. hardware manufacturer that specializes in remotes of all kinds. At $50, The Blu-Link PS3 Universal Remote supports both Bluetooth and infrared devices. That’s pretty cheap considering that harmony remotes cost from $60 to $500, and that you’ll have to pay another extra $60 for the special adapter if you want to make them work with the PS3.
Blu-Link Universal PS3 Remote – Top Features
- Control PS3™: Built-In Bluetooth™ radio for controlling Sony PlayStation© 3
- 6 Devices in one: Replace up to six different remote controls
- Large Library: Pre-programmed to support numerous models of TVs, VCRs, DVDs, DVRs, surround sound systems, cable, satellite and set top boxes
- Learning Remote: Learn codes from other remote controls
- Compact Design: Sleek shape is easy to hold
- DVR Friendly Layout: Frequently used buttons are centrally located
- Blu-Ray and DVD Control: Specific buttons to control top menu, popup menu, angle, audio channel and subtitle features of movies
- Advanced PS3™ Buttons: Dedicated buttons such as triangle, circle, square, X, Select, Home and Start for maximum control of PlayStation© 3
- Non-Volatile Memory : Settings are stored in non-volatile memory so they aren’t lost when batteries are changed.
- Augmented Learning: Start with a pre-programmed device code and customize it by learning
[Blu-Link Universal Remote Control for PlayStation 3 – $49.99 on Amazon.com]