With the ever falling prices of USB storage devices, people have really started to abandon CDs and DVDs as a mean to carry their files around. But even though USB keys have become a preferable alternative to the shiny, reflective discs, old fashioned media can still be used to send information via snailmail or to create cheap, storable backups.
If you are looking for a totally free, simple, and effective Windows CD / DVD burning software, then you absolutely have to try Totally Free Burner. Since Totally Free Burner is a freeware, you probably expect that the software will be somehow limited feature-wise, but no, absolutely not. Totally Free Burner features a simple, minimalistic interface that will cover ALL your CD / DVD burning needs.
- Supports all current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA)
- Burn Multi-Session or Disc-at-Once mode to ALL supported media formats
- Supports UDF/ISO9660/Joliet Bridged file systems (any combination)
- Supports UNICODE for multi-byte languages
- On-the-fly burning for all image types (no staging to hard drive first)
- Create Bootable data discs or images
- Auto-verification of data images
- Automatic selection of burn modes for Disc-at-Once operations (no special device knowledge required)