The organizers of ConNooga in beautiful Chattanooga, Tennessee need your help!
The multi-genre fan convention is going on its 6th year, and this year, ConNooga wants to have a special track for children under the age of 13, so parents and kids can share in the weekend together!
By using indiegogo, they are hoping to raise $1,000 by January 31. The money would go towards the following:
- $300 to hire a magician for a show just for the kids
- T-shirts and buttons for the track staff to make them easily identifiable to parents and children.
- Fun room decor showing the kid-friendly aspects of fandom (we will have a whole room set aside just for this track). We want this room to rock and represent kid-level fandom.
- Art supplies and materials. In the past we have had wand-making, miniatures painting, leathercrafting, TARDIS creation, and similar events. We plan on repeating some of these and doing new ones, but need basic paint, paper, and other supplies for crafting.
- Lego building contest. We want to have a contest where we provide a specific Lego set to each child and have them use their imagination to build the most interesting creation. The child would then get to keep the kid afterwards. Simple kits would cost around $15 each and we would need 10-15 kits.
- Sword building. We previously had a session on making foam swords that was very popular but costs around $15 per child. We want to bring this back and will need 10-15 kits.
- Door prizes. At each panel or activity we give away free door prizes to the attendees.
- Contest prizes. We will continue to have the Disney Trivia and costume contests as well as new contests, and want to have cool prizes for the children to win.
To donate, click here!