Available right now, River Horse has just released a board game based on Jim Henson’s Labyrinth. Created in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, Labyrinth: The Board Game includes:
- 5 highly collectible figurine renditions of the main characters
- 2′ x 2′ game board lavishly illustrated with inspiring new artwork featuring all the legendary places from the movie, including the Oubliette, the Bog of Eternal Stench, the Goblin City and Jareth’s Castle.
- 32 Labyrinth cards
- Over 30 game tokens
- 6 polyhedral dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20)
- 6 reference cards
- 4 character sheets, 4 Ability cards & 4 Weakness cards
- 4 card stand-ups: Humongous, Goblin Infantry, Goblin Cavalry & Goblin Artillery
- Goblin Clock & Clock hand
- Rules Booklet
This is the maze that players must navigate every time they wish to save Sarah’s baby brother. Each game is different with the blank card spaces being filled with the magical encounters and monsters that are depicted on the deck of cards that comes with the game, this ensures a great deal of replayability and unpredictability in the game, giving the Labyrinth its signature feel.
The game consists of two distinct stages, one where the group must adventure through the labyrinth trying to find the goblin city whilst keeping their willpower as high as possible (nobody wants to fall into the oubliette!), and a second action-packed stage where the players must fight their way into Jareth’s castle where Sarah must say the magical words that will release her brother.