“A teenage genius in Romania. A man from Melbourne. 40 patrons. 500,000+ LEGO pieces. LEGO engine runs on air.”
Thus begins the video depicting a black and yellow life-sized car made completely from LEGOs.
And the result came from one man’s idea…and one teenage genius.
It is the brainchild of Melbourne entrepreneur and marketing guy Steve Sammartino (Twitter: @sammartino) and Raul Oaida (Twitter: @rauloaida), a self-taught teenage technology genius from Romania who Steve met on the internet.
Steve crowdfunded it via twitter with a single tweet.
Super Awesome Micro Project Factoids:
– The engine is made from standard LEGO pieces and runs on air!
– The engine has four orbital engines and a total of 256 pistons.
– More than 500,000 LEGO pieces.
– Top speed around 20-30km (We drive it slowly, as we are scared of giant LEGO explosion).
– Built in Romania and shipped to a secret location in Melbourne.
– It’s a Hot Rod design, mainly because hot rods are cool.