Someone at Microsoft just contacted me about a job offer for IT students, so I decided to post it as this could be a great opportunity for some of our readers to gain experience with a key Microsoft product (either Windows Azure or Visual Studio). Not only will this allow you to get free training, but you’ll also get the chance to attend to a few exclusive technology conferences as a representative of Microsoft.
For those of you who are interested, hit the jump for all the details.
Microsoft is a multinational computer technology corporation specializing in the development and manufacturing of software for computing devices. The Visual Studio development system is a comprehensive suite of tools designed to help software developers create innovative, next-generation applications. It’s the perfect work environment for application developers. The Windows Azure platform offers a flexible, familiar environment for developers to create cloud applications and services. With Windows Azure, you can shorten your time to market and adapt as demand for your service grows.
The purpose of this position is to introduce the world to Microsoft’s new software by a person who is most likely to understand the full range of its capabilities: you. You will use your existing blog to discuss various tips, tricks and advantages of the software. In addition to being trained on the software by the experts at Microsoft, you will get to attend high-profile technology conferences, such as MIX10: March 15-17th, 2010 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
- Using your existing blog to blog about Microsoft Visual Studio or Windows Azure (Student Insiders are required to disclose any and all compensation that they receive in accordance to FTC guidelines.)
- Attending exclusive technology conferences as a representative of Microsoft, such as the MIX10 conference, March 15 – 17 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas
- Acting as a peer influencer to introduce people to the benefits of Microsoft’s products
- Entrance into exclusive and high profile technology conferences with all expenses paid
- Training by industry experts
- Invaluable resume building experience
- The title of Student Insider, denoting knowledge and expertise in technology
- Additional products and incentives
What you need to know:
- There is only one Student Insider position for the Visual Studio campaign and one position for the Azure campaign
- The campaign will kick-off as soon in just a few short weeks
- Student Insiders are expected to cover 15 events/topics a year (selected by Microsoft) with at least 500 engagements per event/topic
Must be available during the following dates: Jan 27-30 : Kickoff training in Redmond, Washington
To get more information or apply, please email [email protected] by Wednesday, 1/20.