Here’s a great instructional video that could get quite handy for you in the near future if you’re thinking about asking your boss for a raise. The video splits the process into 6 steps. Here they are:
- First, ask yourself “Why do I deserve a raise?”. Document the reasons.
- Call recruitment agencies to get an idea of your value on the market.
- Only do it when the time is right. You don’t want to ask for a raise when your company is in financial difficulties.
- Keep things professional. Stay calm and neutral. Don’t overreact if you get no for an answer.
- If your request is accepted, make sure that you get everything in writing.
- If your request is refused, pull out plan B. Try to ask for something else. Find a compromise that will satisfy both you and your employer.