“The Scarecrow” is a short animated film that was created to go along with Chipotle’s new app-based game of the same name while encouraging sustainable food production.
[Chipotle | Via TA]
Ironically created by a mega corp who utilize materials made with all the intensive farming methods depicted in the movie.
That that’s really dark for a Sunday morning. I need to learn to love living in a sci fi dystopian world I guess.
They’re not perfect, but everything I’ve read about Chipotle suggests that they really are more environmentally conscious than most or all other chain restaurants.
Most people I see that hate chipotles either are:
1. Vegans who still hate the fact they kill animals.
2, People that somehow think Chipotles is still as bad as mcdonalds and/or don’t believe what it says.
3. People that don’t want to be labeled as “That person who likes what everyone else is!” (despite the fact liking chipotles has nothing to do with being cool…its just good food!)
4. People that don’t want to like it just to annoy those that do.
With all that said I love it. But I do agree that the sodium levels in the food is obviously very high, its something like 1200mg isn’t it on the basic chicken burrito? Obviously the next problem is the fact they serve you healthy food with giant mega sized pop (soda). Not that you have to get soda of course.
As for the whole “They kill animals like everywhere else!”. I’m pretty sure they never said they don’t. You don’t get meat from a tree after all. BUt the animals are treated better instead of being 1,000 cows sitting in a dirty, grimy field being over fed or underfed and pumped with chemicals, then lead off to a house of slaughter. In short the cows at least have a better life and we can eat the meat knowing they weren’t abused. Which for me is my biggest reason I like them.
Although I do realize with constant growth of the company they will either be forced to get meat from those disgusting places or somehow have to have more places setup for the cows required (well and chicken and pig).
I like Chipotle. One of their burritos can last for two meals for me. But there are a few things wrong with this video.
1) Chickens are not shot up with growth hormones. That is illegal. Ever heard of the USDA?
2) Cows aren’t hooked up to milking machines for hours on end. Most cows enjoy being milked because it relieves the pressure of all that milk inside their udder. Ask a nursing mother how her chest feels before and after feeding.
And CliecheName, why would a farmer overfeed or underfeed his cattle by choice? By doing either one of those, that makes an unhealthy animal which means a poor quality end product (and probably higher vet bills) which means less money for the farmer. Farmers are constantly working with animal nutritionists to make sure their animals are getting the most nutrition out of grass-hay-corn-etc… to maintain a healthy body weight
3) Why would farmers destroy the land that provides their income? You can’t feed animals-or people- with dry land. Farmers do everything they can to keep their land from eroding away and becoming useless because otherwise they wouldn’t have much of an income.
Now, there are always a few bad apples in a bushel, but you shouldn’t judge a whole group based on the negative actions of a few.
If people actually took the time to go visit or email universities and colleges around the country that have majors and scientific studies in the agricultural fields, then I think people would actually learn about what farmers actually do. Instead most people only listen to and believe one side of a story-usually the negative side- and don’t even think to ask questions. This is why our society is falling apart.